We proactively incorporate our environmental responsibility into our day-to-day actions by consistently designing and realising green and sustainable transport and logistics concepts and implementing an environmentally-conscious process management system throughout the company. We are continuously focused on forward-thinking technological developments and changing economic framework conditions.
In July 2009, our DIN EN ISO 14001 certification documented our commitment to the environment, and verified and audited our evolution from a company with a quality-oriented management approach to a green and sustainable enterprise.
At Grieshaber, however, this certification goes far beyond just meeting a standard. It clearly and firmly ingrains our environmental responsibility into our corporate philosophy and documents our dedication and conviction.
Key components of our environmental management system:
- Annual documentation and communication of our company-wide environmental objectives and environmental policy guidelines
- Regular reporting of key environmental figures in the Grieshaber environmental impact report
- Mapping of the process structure by means of mandatory SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Relevant training programmes to increase employee awareness
- Use of low-emission, low-noise and technologically state-of-the-art vehicles
- Optimisation of route planning and use of modern telematic systems to reduce traffic volume and minimise fuel consumption
- Increased energy efficiency through environmentally-conscious use of resources
- Responsible use of water
- Material recycling
- CLEAN Company project